GONGSHOW is seeking an inventive and resourceful Junior Fashion Designer who is eager to contribute to a quickly growing, ever-evolving clothing company.
Committed to high quality clothing, contagious energy, and exceptional customer experience (we call this #BeautyService), GONGSHOW is breaking the mold of what most would consider a traditional, shopping experience through all our channels. Behind the scenes, our lean and mean Design team is part of the magic that creates the quality and original product that sets GONGSHOW apart from other brands. As we continue to expand and grow the lifestyle in over 500 stores across 15 countries worldwide and on our cutting edge e-commerce website, we are in need of a passionate and hard-working Fashion Designer with a zest for producing amazing clothing that improves peoples lives and spreads our mission of growing the sport of hockey worldwide.
To succeed in this role, you must quickly gain empathy with the GONGSHOW brand and develop a clear understanding of the Design team production process. We like to call ourselves "Gongers" in here, and you will be part of the team if you join us - a fellow Gonger if you will! Working alongside our highly talented [and sometimes quirky] Design team, you will have the opportunity to get your hands dirty in every step of the design process. On any given day, you will participate in a multitude of activities including:
Initial concept brainstorming, creating storyboards, forecasting trends and color ways, attending trade shows, sourcing materials, researcing new innovative products, developing designs and technical packages, reviewing samples, collaborating with our sourcing agents, factories, and merchandising teams.
From being inspired by the college decor at a rowdy Keg party to appreciating the fine details on a well cut shirt, we are very serious about finding someone with the same passion we have for the Gongshow brand in this role. Are you ready to start your dream job?
- Undergraduate degree and/or relevant work experience and an unofficial degree in "awesomeness"
- Have 1 –3 years minimum of experience in the design industry
- Are proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign, Excel
- Work with team of product associates including the Buying & Merchandising & Retail Subdivisions.
- Maintain and communicate with various range of manufacturers to ensure conception to completion.Translate the designs into garments.
- Work with Technical sheets to create first samples.
- Identify the upcoming season’s themes and trends by researching both internal and external resources.
- Have a friendly and upbeat personality and will contribute to the positive energy at GONGSHOW
- Are a take charge person - you don't need any hand holding, you are proactive and you often get things done before you are even asked for it, because you know what's coming.
- Are excited to bring your design talent and fresh ideas to the GONGHSHOW brand
- Were dubbed "The Creative Guy/Girl" in highschool for your talented doodles and sketches
- Are great at prioritizing your workload and meeting deadlines, even when things get crazy
- Have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates your design abilities and style
- Enjoy working in a office that blends work and life, and can appreciate having a cold drink in our custom bar at the end of a long day, or playing video games in our arcade to let some steam off, and maybe some days challenging a fellow Gonger to a game of ping pong if they are up for it.
- Are a Canadian citizen eligible to work here in Ottawa, Canada at our head office legally (No remote work applicants please)
- Are a team player - you work well with people and have a results based mindset. You're a winner.
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but we also highly value personal downtime that allows our team to have a great work/life balance - full time Gongers receive 5 weeks paid time off called "Gonger Days" to re-charge your batteries and enjoy life outside of work.
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun (Google Gongerfest) and awesome coworkers that will become your friends outside of work.
- Care deeply about the high quality of design and product we associate our label with and are focused on delivering amazing customer #BeautyService at all levels in the company.
- Have a special, open culture, not a dictatorship, which realizes the best ideas can come from anyone at any level
- Are committed to being one of Canada's best places to work
- Are excited to hear from you