GONGSHOW is seeking a full time Graphic Designer who is creative, talented, and eager to contribute to a quickly growing brand.
Committed to high quality clothing, contagious energy, and exceptional customer experience, GONGSHOW is breaking the mold of what most would consider a traditional shopping experience through all our channels.
Behind the scenes, our lean and mean Design team is part of the magic that creates the quality and original product that sets GONGSHOW apart from other brands. As we continue to expand the lifestyle in over 500 stores across 15 countries worldwide, we are in need of a passionate and hard-working Graphic Designer, that is willing to grow with us, and can bring that extra something to the drawing board!
Develop an awareness for both the hockey and fashion world alike. Work with the Design & Production team to come up with initial concepts for clothing, packaging, merchandising, and all other graphic related items. Research the latest trends, styles, and innovative products that apply to the brands customers. Shop the market on a regular basis for ideas and inspiration. Create new and innovative logos for products and/or packaging. Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing team, to maintain awareness of current selling information as well as market trends and conditions. Have a clear understanding of applications such as screen printing and embroideries on apparel. Attend trade shows related to design. Photography and photo-editing capability.
- Have an undergraduate degree and/or diploma in Graphic Design with an unofficial degree in “being a beauty”.
- Minimum 1-3 years of Graphic Design experience.
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and time management skills.
- Are proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and any other emerging graphic software.
- Have a friendly and upbeat personality and will contribute to the positive energy at GONGSHOW
- Are a take charge person - you don't need any hand holding, you are proactive and you often get things done before you are even asked for it, because you know what's coming.
- Are excited to bring your design talent and fresh ideas to the GONGHSHOW brand
- Have a compelling portfolio that demonstrates your design abilities and style
- Enjoy working in an office that blends work and life, and can appreciate having a cold drink in our custom bar at the end of a long day, or playing video games in our arcade to let some steam off, and maybe some days challenging a fellow Gonger to a game of ping pong if they are up for it.
- Are a Canadian citizen eligible to work here in Ottawa, Canada at our head office legally (No remote work applicants please)
- Are a team player - you work well with people and have a results based mindset. You're a winner.
- Value self-awareness, intellectual honesty, judgment, empathy and positive energy, often, over experience
- Work hard because we love what we’re doing, but we also highly value personal downtime that allows our team to have a great work/life balance - full time Gongers receive 5 weeks paid time off called "Gonger Days" to re-charge your batteries and enjoy life outside of work.
- Will back up our talk with a competitive compensation and benefits package, challenging projects, random acts of team-wide fun (Google Gongerfest) and awesome coworkers that will become your friends outside of work.
- Care deeply about the high quality of design and product we associate our label with and are focused on delivering amazing customer #BeautyService at all levels in the company.
- Have a special, open culture, not a dictatorship, which realizes the best ideas can come from anyone at any level
- Are committed to being one of Canada's best places to work
- Are excited to hear from you